ANZIGA is the peak industry association representing companies that produce and distribute bulk and compressed gas for the industrial, medical, food, scientific and hospitality markets (referred as Industrial Gases) in Australia and New Zealand.
Industrial gas manufacturers produce and supply a diverse range of gases to support Australian Industry.
Medical, food and industrial gases are essential to the existence and wellbeing of millions of people, every day.
Industrial gases are critical to ensure the continuity of Australia’s manufacturing, mining, construction and food production sectors.
Industrial gases are essential to:
- Water treatment
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Food Processing, including frozen foods, beverages, packaging and preservation as well as dry ice production.
- Refining and petrochemical plants
- Electricity generation
- Chemical processing
Medical grade oxygen produced by ANZIGA members has been crucial to the treatment of many Australians who contract COVID-19.
Other medical use gases are essential to:
- Healthcare in hospitals, aged care facilities and in-home patients;
- Medical imaging, including MRIs
- Cryobiology and cryotherapy, including assisted fertility and sample retention.
Hydrogen has become an important element of the clean energy technologies being considered in Australia. This has seen hydrogen use moving from industrial to mobility, and consumer level applications.
ANZIGA members produce more than 90% of the industrial, medical and food gases in Australia.